ROAR are an Arts Council funded National Portfolio Organisation. We are an infrastructure body, with an ever increasing membership of 117 artists and organisations, all of whom live and/or work in and around Rotherham. We are a volunteer led organisation with our Board of Directors representing different areas of the creative sector.
Rotherham as a home to thriving artistic practitioners, spaces and activities; enhancing social well-being and personal growth.
To develop and sustain innovative, challenging and insightful art practices in Rotherham and to place these within wider national and international creative networks.
Our Values and Ethos
ROAR recognises that creativity is fundamental to our ability to stimulate social change and so is committed to action which values creativity as an essential human right.
- ROAR is committed to its vision and to using all available resources to make the vision happen.
- We advocate that Art is a necessity, not a luxury, in community regeneration and life.
- We are not here to do the work for our members but to help them develop the skills they need to enhance their careers.
- We will seek and create opportunities for the arts to play a role in as many aspects of public life as possible.
- We demonstrate the value of the arts as a tool for regeneration, through health and wellbeing, partnership working, promoting Rotherhams’ cultural life, sharing good practice, being flexible and responsive to our members’ needs, horizon scanning for collaborative projects and funding and business investment.
Meet the Team
Organisational management, strategic direction, developing partnerships and projects, cultural sector development.
Delivering membership offer, professional development, skills training, community consultation and delivery, innovative project generator, marketing, IT management and support.
Marketing and Comms
Weekly and triannual newsletter, social media updates, press liaison, member evaluation, general admin.
Tenant support and liaison, building maintenance, Health and Safety, environmental policy delivery, security, and artistic support.
Budgets, book-keeping, raise invoices, monthly Board financial reports, cost savings.
Sign up for our newsletter – The Roaring Times